This week I ...
1) Remembered where I put the quilted top.
2) Remembered where I put the binding fabric.
3) Cut the binding fabric.
4) Began to trim the quilt.
And I saw the above. We had gotten to this stage in June. As I started to trim off the excess batting and backing a corner got stuck under something and I cut a big slice in the wrong spot with the rotary cutter.
I must have screamed, put it all away and forgotten the trauma.
Well, it can be fixed. (Just about anything quilt-wise can be fixed). I have put a white patch over the top, a backing patch over the backing and stitched the batting together.
And trimmed it
WITH A SCISSORS.
I hope your Yankee Diary project is going better than mine.Next Wednesday pattern # 9. Be careful.