Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Civil War Sampler Finishes

BJM followed Becky's set.

This blog started in 2011 with a few blocks
inspired by the 150th anniversary of the Civil War.
That grew to 50 blocks, and
seven more years.

SundayBee designed her own set.

Here are a few finishes from those first year blocks.

A.G. Lindsay, Civil War Sesquicentennial

Jane at StitchByStitch quilted this top.

Marjquilts

Sherry Sorbera

Suedio tried two sets and went with 
the top---alternate white.

Shelia---note the ribbons!

"...After maturing in the UFO pile for 4 years, finally finished this year. I challenged our very talented HandiQuilter tutor to ply her modern magic on a traditional sampler. We were awarded a beautiful blue ribbon and a fabulous red one for 'Retaining the Tradition'."

Something Becky found in her Great-Grandmother's
Trunk

Becky, Denniele, Barb Fife and I are plotting another Civil War
Block of the Month for 2017. We'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Suzanne A said...

New project! Good news!

Rosa said...

Anyone is awesome.Congratulations,best later than never!!

How many samplers had been finished?How many photos had you received with finished sampler?
I enjoying see them

Merilyn said...

It's so nice to see these completed quilts.....I'm ashamed to say I haven't yet sewn mine together, I did see Becky's completed quilt and wanted to do the same sashing....as shown in the first picture 'BJM followed Becky's set', could someone please tell me with the measurements of those three strips, I'd be very thankful! I think it was mentioned a long time ago, but I can't find reference to this anywhere now!

pinkdeenster said...

These are pretty! I still need to sew the binding on mine. It's been marinating for a good long while. My goal is to get it done this winter.