Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Block 10 Carolina Lily with No Inset Y Seams

Martha C.'s block
She modified my pattern by adding seam lines,
thus subtracting Y Seams.


She added seams in the top half.


This is the original pattern with B and C requiring set in seams.

I drew up her pattern in EQ8. The pieces have new letters here.

For the large background triangles A
Cut 3 squares 4-1/4". Cut each in half diagonally to make 2 triangles. You need 6.

For the small background triangles B
Cut 2 squares 3-3/8". Cut each in half diagonally to make 2 triangles. You need 4.

UPDATE
Wait a minute.
You have to do this too.

The largest triangle is now cut in half and is the same size as A.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Thank you so much! I am a confident beginner, but sometimes blocks scare me into a beginner. I appreciate you work. I am behind now but I will start again after the holidays. We have a new puppy and she has given me a whole new meaning of fatigue. I will be following along next year also. Someday you will see a quilt with blocks from several quilt alongs. I will continue with your “Ladies” fabric. Thank you again

Janie said...

Two ways to piece that block, it's good to have options.