Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Ladies Aid Album Sampler

 

Remember the applique 2021-22 BOM 
Ladies's Aid Album?

I am finally getting my version (All Dots; All Day) set together with stars appliqued at the block intersections along the border.

Phoebe is not helping.
Her German Shephard face looks plaintive and you might worry that she is full of angst but the question here is, "Isn't it noon and time for lunch?" The answer, "No, it is 11:45."

Here she is as Block #11
New Yorkers loved including
animals: dogs, cows, cats, etc.

Cynthia Poth Nanto's version with typical New York
set joined by hearts. Hearts have got to be easier to
applique than those pointy stars I chose.

The 12 free patterns based on pictorials popular in New York albums after 1850 or so are still up on my CivilWarQuilts blog. See the links here:

3 comments:

Susie H said...

What a fun quilt! Love all the animals even if I'm not a New Yorker! Ha!

Helenchaffin said...

What a fun quilt! I've yet to attempt an applicade quilt, probably fear of fraying😂 the dog is adorable!

Jeanne said...

Laughing about Phoebe and 'feed me'!