Wednesday, January 2, 2019

We're Writing a Book


Antebellum Album: It's a Block of the Month, a bunch of blog posts, a FaceBook group and now it's going to be a book.


I've been talking with C&T Publishing about publishing a print book of our 2018 project. Books take a while to create so we are thinking of a publishing date in 2020. Now I have to write it.

Ellen Wallace Sharples
Young Lady Writing a Letter

I've been expanding the stories about the women who had such divided loyalties during the Civil War, reading more biographies and trying to pull the idea of crossing that Mason Dixon line into a coherent theme.

Denniele's quilt; Quilting by Becky Collis

We'll put Becky's, Pat's, Mark's & Denniele's blocks and quilts in there, and I've asked a few of you to participate.

There may be room for more so I am asking:
If you'd like your Antebellum Album sampler to be considered for the book do let me know. Here's some information on what I'm looking for:

  • It can be a finished top or a finished quilt made from the block patterns. (Any setting.)
  • It would have to be completed and shipped to California for photography by April 1st, 2019.
  • (They'll keep it probably till May 15th)
If you'd like your quilt to be considered send me a snapshot by January 31, 2019. Send to this email:

The editors and I will get together in February and let you know if we can use yours. (I hope we can fit a ton of pictures.)


I'll keep you posted on the progress. The manuscript is due in May.

11 comments:

Lori said...

Fantastic!!!

DaneBirder said...

This will be a fantastic book, more people need to hear these stories and sew the lovely blocks of course. Good luck!

Broken Gooding said...

Outstanding! I loved this project

McIrish Annie said...

Good idea! This was a very fun and Do-able BOM! Good luck!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Woohoo! Can't wait!

kathyinozarks said...

sounds exciting-I love your books

Cissa K said...

This will be another great book.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Awesome!

Jacqueline said...

Congrat's on being published. This should be a winner.

Sharon said...

Fantastic. Since I wasn't raised in the US, I've learned so much of the history through quilt books. I look forward to this one!

Joyful Mom said...

Wish I could have sewn along with this Block of the Month. I loved every post, but didn't make the quilt. I'll look forward to your book.