Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Medallion Set

Civil War Sampler by Ruth
She's finished the 2011 series of blocks.

Ruth at Country Log Cabin writes:


"Finally finished my CW quilt and you can find pictures of it here:
I am very happy to have it finished. I quilted it myself on my Janome 6600. "

I certainly like that fake medallion set---I guess it's a fake because it's really blocks on point alternating with pieced blocks shaded in concentric rows.

Several people used it--- like Karen D above

And Karen in Tucson

 Tora Quilt

Dutch Quilt Cat


And Domy R

If you haven't done all the 50 plus blocks from that series you might think about this set for fewer blocks
It would work for 9...

As in the center of Tora's

Or 25
As in the center of Ruth's

As well as for 49 plus 4 corners as in the finished tops above.
Here's a post with instructions:


6 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful quilts and nice to see it in different settings and fabrics.

Debbie

Lesley said...

Wow! These quilts are all so beautiful. Thanks for the show and tell and for the instructions!

Patti said...

I don't think there is anything "fake" about this setting. There is a center, and then borders around the outside. There is no rule that says the borders can't be composed of blocks!

Absolutely breathtaking!

Ruth said...

Thanks for featuring my quilt in your blog post! It was fun to make the blocks each week and now I have a finished quilt!

Anonymous said...

I am brand new to this blog and really quite new to quilting, and yet I have ordered the book and want to take on making a block at a time, teaching myself to do a good job
I have sewn all my life so I think its matter of taking my time to do it right! This blog is SO inspirational I look forward to reading it thru the year~

Anonymous said...

Our county historical society Heritage Quilters have used an interesting setting of the Indiana Puzzle and some of your favrics to make a Gettysburg memorial quilt - don't know how to send a picture! Please advise, maud65@msn.com thanks