Saturday, November 10, 2012

Finished!

Cookie's Creek has her Civil War Sampler quilted, bound and displayed at a show.
The bright blue border really picks up the blues in the center.
 
Here's a shot of a medallion top from Domy R.

I photoshopped it a little, stretching it out, so you can see the center better.
Again, the narrow white border focuses your eye on the white in the center.


Sanguine Stitcher pieced small light frames around each block...a great way to make up for size differences.
 
Stella Bella

 
 And Celine think alike---same stripe for the border: the stripe from Civil War Homefront from 2011--in different colorways.
They did the same set too but reversed the coloring.


Mary Vail's top is ready on the quilting machine.
Notice her alternate block of an X.

It adds a second layer of pattern.

Martine deC used a small nine-patch for her cornerstones...
 
A nice detail

 
And Little Quilts announces she has her masterpiece quilted.

You may recall she embroidered the Gettysburg Address in the alternate quilt blocks.


 

16 comments:

suzanne said...

Each and every one of these quilts is amazing! You must be so proud to have inspired such work, at least you deserve to be. Keep blogging more projects!

suzanne said...

Each and every one of these quilts is amazing! You must be so proud to have inspired such work, at least you deserve to be. Keep blogging more projects!

Mary said...

Wow! Amazed to see my quilt top on the blog. Instead of an alternate block of an "X", however, I turned my CW block on point, and added a square-in-square gold & red corner to each side of the CW block. I cut a gold square, added a red border, and cut in half diagonally corner to corner, yielding 2 triangle pieces. 2 gold & red squares became 4 corners for a CW block. Final layout is horizontal straight set but CW blocks are on point. Thanks SO MUCH for these wonderful blocks! I will custom quilt this one block at a time, and use a unifying quilt design in all the red "sashings" and in the gold corners.

Quilter Kathy said...

Incredible quilt! Loved each one!

Anna said...

I am inspired!!!

WoolenSails said...

Those are amazing quilts and each one beautiful with the fabric choices and extra touches.

Debbie

YankeeQuilter said...

It is always so interesting to see how creative quilters get with the same "starting point."

Barbara said...

Wow! I am so honored to have my quilt on your blog! Thank you so much! And I am loving your Grandmother's Choice Block of the Week!
Barbara
http://cookiescreek.com

Hennie said...

The quilts all look beautiful!!!
I'm also started this quilt and I'm going to make the last blocks soon.

Gr Hennie.

Becky in VA said...

What a delight to see more Civil War tops and quilts being completed. Such great quilts all inspired from the same source!!!

Every Stitch said...

What a wonderful collection of work ! congratulations to all the quilters - and thanks for the inspiration :)Every Stitch

Rosemary Youngs said...

They are all so beautiful, glad that you keep posting pictures of the Civil War quilts, Can't wait For the book to be released.

Frauke said...

thank for all these Quilts, they looked all so wonderfull;
I am very proud, that so much Quilters sew these differents Quilts and loves my cilvil war Quilt too, it is on my bed now and it is very warm under them. please exuse my englisch iam of northe Germany
Frauke

Marianne said...

They are all so beautiful. Well done!

Teresa Rawson said...

Stunning...thank you for posting such beautiful and varied finishes!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Jocelyn Green said...

These are all so beautiful! I'm especially inspired by the quilt with the Gettysburg Address included. Can you tell me if any of these are for sale anywhere? I'd love to get in touch with the creator of the quilt with the Gettysburg Address. my email is jocelyn@ jocelyngreen.com (without the space)