Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Stars in a Time Warp: Finishes in 2017

Hartwell Stars
2015-2017
Cynthia's Second Stars in a Time Warp

The Stars in a Time Warp Quilt Along ran here in 2015. Some people finished quilts or tops this year.

Cynthia at Wabi-sabi Quilts
She alternated the 6" stars
with a half-square triangle block.

Hannah Robinson did the machine quilting.

This is Cynthia's second quilt from the Stars blocks. 



And I found Barbara Goetz's top on Instagram.
Old fashioned shirtings for the alternate blocks;
new-fashioned border.

Scrappy Squares by Barbara Schaffer.
Barbara had some left over stars, so this is her second I think.


And I have found my stack of stars. I didn't get very far. Here are fifteen
I thought about setting with an alternate chrome yellow or Turkey red
square but I don't want a quilt that big. Sashing may be the answer.

We could have a show of Stars jut made by people named Barbara. I think there are 7 Barbaras in the files. But that would mean I'd have to get mine finished.

13 comments:

Barbara said...

Loved seeing these star quilts and thanks for sharing mine! Would you believe I still have extra blocks?

Barb said...

Wonderful collection of star quilts!
Cynthia was at seminar in NH this year - she is the nicest woman and so talented.
Thanks for sharing these SIATW quilts today

Barbara Black said...

We Barbara's make great SIATW quilts, right? That would be a fun exhibit.

Jacqueline said...

Stars are my favorite block. Thanks for sharing.

Chantal said...

Thank you for taking the time to find pictures of these lovely stars and post about them. I love seeing how different each quilt is. So inspiring. Love Barbara Schaffer's quilt; I love the "sashing" between the stars to make the border bigger. Great job! ;^)

Susie H said...

Good job, ladies, on getting your star quilts to the finish line. They are all wonderful!

The Civil War Quilter said...

All of these star quilts are lovely. I really like Cynthia's diagonal setting. It is striking.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Oooo thank you for posting my quilts. I enjoyed that entire starry year - learned a lot and collected a lot of fat quarters along the way. Thank you again Barbara! It is fun to see all the various SIATW quilts - all of them so pretty. Looking forward to whatever is cooking in 2018 - although I still need to finish up Westering Women!

Rosa said...

Congratulations ladies ,your quilts are fabulous.Love them all!!

Marianne said...

So very pretty, one and all!

cityquilter grace said...

every one i've seen is gorgeous...

Lori said...

They are all such great quilts! SIATW is calling my name! My top is all basted and ready for machine quilting.

Rina Spina said...

Great quilts! I wish I had found your blog before this QAL, but there is always time to start a starry adventure!
Greetings from Sicily!