Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Westering Women Finishes in Red

Joanne at Thread Head is FINISHED quilting her Westering Women sampler.

She used the traditional set with what looks 
to be 2-1/2"   finished sashing (she says 2"----5" border)
and found the perfect red floral for a border.

Martha used a similar border with a different color scheme.
My theory is red is always good.

Click here to see Rod's red, white and blue set in the Way West design:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRhWla1DjxE/?tagged=westeringwomen&hl=en

Next Week: Block 3 of Yankee Diary

2 comments:

Danice G said...

All are so beautiful. Excellent work. I finally completed my Way West quilt top, and posted it in the Flickr group :)

Joanne said...

Thanks for the great BOM! I am enjoying the new one too. I love how my quilt turned out - thanks for showing it here. I used 2" sashing (and 5" border) because I wanted the top to fit on a perfect 'Minky' backing I had that was only 60" wide. I had bought the border fabric before the BOM started and picked all the other fabrics to go with it - it worked out really well. Thanks again!!